[Kde-perl] Can't debug PQT app ...

Germain Garand kde-perl@mail.kde.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:46:54 +0000

Le Mercredi 18 D=E9cembre 2002 07:13, Steve Sloan a =E9crit :
> I'm having a problem debugging apps under the Perl debugger.  Take
> the simplest-case PerlQt app:
>
>   use Qt; my $App =3D Qt::Application( \@ARGV );

=2E..
>   Invalid Qt::Application object. Couldn't set Qt::app()
=2E..

> Any ideas?  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Hello Steve,
Alas yes, the Perl debugger is buggy.
It can't handle lvalue subs assignment.=20
It means that whenever you assign something to "this" or to a Qt::attribu=
te,=20
it will hold "undef" under the debugger.
See BR #17663: http://bugs6.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D17663

There's not much we can do except finding the bug (tough luck).
So that's why I added debugging channels in the first place : to give cor=
rect=20
debugging feedback while the debugger is broken.

perl -MQt::debug=3Dall YourProg.pl    is your only friend.=20

G.