[Kde-perl] Re: symbols still undefined

Germain Garand kde-perl@mail.kde.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:54:16 +0000

Le Lundi 16 D=E9cembre 2002 17:29, vous avez =E9crit :
> On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 12:07, str02@hampshire.edu wrote:
> > Ok, so now I tried setting LD=3Dc++ in my environment, running make c=
lean,
> > running ./configure --disable-rpath and then running make.  Still, I =
have
> > the undefined symbols.  Any ideas as to what to try next?  Are there
> > people who have gotten PerlQt to work on a Mac with Jaguar?  Thank yo=
> > all very much for your assistance.
>
> I think makemaker is hardcoding LD in the makefile with the value used
> at perl build time.  Try it as:
>
>   make LD=3D"c++"
>
> instead, see if that helps.

Though I wonder why your patched /admin dir doesn't take care of that ?
There's a check for both LD and rpath (AC_CHECK_RPATH and AC_PROG_LD)
in acinclude.m4.in... might be worth another patch 8)

Germain
(still not done with packaging the release after finding a bug in garbage=
=20
collection:-/)=20