[Kde-perl] PerlQt compiles (YAY) but...

Seth Raphael kde-perl@mail.kde.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:20:57 -0500

Thanks to Germain Garand's tip, I compiled qt, and installed it, however,
running it caused this:

[raphael@cet-175 raphael]$ cat test.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl
 use Qt;
 my $a = Qt::Application(\@ARGV);
 my $hello = Qt::PushButton("Hello World!", undef);
 $hello->resize(160, 25);
 $a->setMainWidget($hello);
 $hello->show;
 exit $a->exec;

[raphael@cet-175 raphael]$ ./test.pl
dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
__ZSt9terminatev
__ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
__ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE
__ZTVN10__cxxabiv121__vmi_class_type_infoE
__ZdaPv
__ZdlPv
__Znam
__Znwm
___cxa_pure_virtual
___gxx_personality_v0
Trace/BPT trap
[raphael@cet-175 raphael]$

when I installed smoke, it wanted to install in /usr/local/kde, but that did
not exist as I do not have KDE, I created the directory anyway.  Also, I have
no environment variables, and qt is installed in /sw/, where Fink installed it.
While compiling PerlQt, I got the following warning, I do not know what it
means:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lstdc++.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libstdc++ and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/default/libstdc+
+.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lgcc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libgcc and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/default/libgcc.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it.

Thank you for your help!!

Seth