Profile a widget style

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Aug 31 08:00:33 CEST 2010

Le Monday 30 August 2010, Mantia Andras a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>  if you missed my blog (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4318), here is
> the summary: I found that Oxygen + nvidia driver + certain nvidia cards
> cause high CPU usage on XOrg. Plastique doesn't cause it.
> The question: anyone has an idea how could I profile what goes wrong?

Hi,

Which Qt graphicssystem do you use?  You may try to use raster instead of the
native X11 backend.

I guess oxygen triggers primitives that are not optimized.  I know for example
that Oxygen draws a lot of gradian which can be slow  (And Qt X11 graphics
system does not use the latest X11 extensions to make it fast)

But to be honest, I'm not an expert in that area.

--
Olivier