KDE/kdelibs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 2 00:09:32 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009, David Faure wrote:
> Performance: Add a hash in ksycoca with the parent mimetypes for each mimetype. Allows KMimeType::is() to skip loading full KMimeTypes.
> The hash is loaded on demand to save memory in apps that don't really use mimetypes.

Since tsdgeos asked, I measured with massif the memory consumption of
kmimetypetest before and after this change, and it shows an increase of 47 KB.
I think that's okay.
This showed me that the KDebug hash of area codes also takes around 40-50 KB,
which reminds me that I want to replace it with dynamic allocation by the apps,
which should not only make this more flexible than editing kdebug.areas, but
also claim that amount of memory back :-)