bring speed back into KConfig

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Apr 18 11:32:32 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 of April 2008, Jakub Stachowski wrote:
> Results:
>  - 500x parsing of kwin.notifyrc takes 1.3s instead of 5.8s

 I've been thinking about making knotify cache few last used configs. It
doesn't really make much sense to parse kwin's event configs again for every
single event from a possibly relatively large burst.

>  - KConfig from KDE3 takes 1.4s
>  - kconfig unit test pass
>
> BufferFragment class contains very short functions (most of them 1-3 lines)
> that could be inlined, so all definitions are in header file. Is it OK or
> separate .cpp file is necessary?

 It's an internal class, no need to keep binary compatibility. It still
shouldn't pollute global namespace though, please change it to e.g.
KConfigIniBackend::BufferFragment.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http://www.suse.cz