Ad-filter loading and QRegExp performance

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:36:10 CET 2007

> Does this apply to KDE3 as well?

No,  QRegExp handles copying differently in Qt 3.

> A simpler way should be storing also QVector<QString>, initially have
> QVector<QRegExp> empty and fill it only when it's needed for the first time.

That makes sense, although at since there is plenty of time for TT to
improve QRegExp before KDE 4 is released, I will file a bug report.
Even if/when they are able to make this change, the regular
expressions still have to be parsed at some point before they can be
used to filter images out.  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to cut
down on the number of filters supplied out of the box.
I wouldn't be surprised if a number of them are no longer useful
(because ad providers changed their URLs since the filters were
originally created, or because sites changed the way they display
adverts to their users).

Regards,
Robert