making use of --dynamic-list-cpp-typeinfo

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Sep 19 19:10:12 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 17:11, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since about a week, the GNU binutils have gained support for reducing
> intra-shared lib relocation overhead. Via a special flag, you can ask the
> linker to resolve relocations any uninteresting or only a certain set of
> symbols always internally. This is a significant gain for C++, where you
> normally don't make use of LD_PRELOAD's that overwrite C++ mangled symbols.

 Is there some usable documentation on what exactly this does? I don't quite
see what symbols are affected from the posts on the binutils mailing list I
could find.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz