Desktop memory usage

John Berthels jjberthels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 11:36:56 CEST 2006

Exmap only accounts for userspace memory. Memory used for kernel data
structures isn't included.

I haven't seen the discussions about kernel memory leaks, page tables
or pinned pages so I don't know if those numbers are significant
compared to the userspace usage. My gnome desktop has about 2.2Mb
total of page tables across the system. Not entirely negligible, but
not a huge amount.

jb