Speed of protocol fish

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Tue May 9 09:20:01 CEST 2006

Hi there,

this is my first posting on this list, so please apologise for any violations
of rules here.

Today I tried to make a backup of a big amount of data to our fileserver using
drag and drop in konqueror and fish for access protocol to the server.

I recognised a limitation of speed of about 1MB/sec. which is really
unsatisfying. So I cancelled the copy process. When doing drag and drop with
more than 10 subdirs of my data separately in parallel I recognised the same
limit for each transfer. But the total transfer rate of all copies was about
10MB/sec. . So this should not be a limit of disk access, CPU power or the
network.
What is the reason for the limitation? Is there anything I can do here?

Thanks for any hints.

- Werner -