normalized signature of signals/slots

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Nov 12 11:30:50 CET 2005

Hello

When browsing the Qt code, i saw that Qt first try to connect signals without
normalize the signature, and if it fails, it normalize the slot signature and
retry .

So using normalized signature in signal slot connection is faster that don't
But how much,  maybe that's negligible ?

After some test (attached) I noticed that the normalized signature is about
twice times faster than the not normalized one
(This may i guess be even more in the case of bigger signatures, or class with
more signals and slots)

Usually, we don't use normalized signature: Less intuitive, and the one
KDevelop auto-complete (nice feature btw) is not normalized.

Does it make sens to write a script that normalize signatures in the code ?