new splashscreens "none" and "simple"

Juergen Pfennig info at j-pfennig.de
Wed Sep 15 20:28:16 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 15:34, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  The first new "splashscreen" is the none splashscreen. It's the most
> efficient splashscreen possible ;), and it's kinda boring (reminds of
> KDE1.x).

>  And BTW, I don't propose that either of these splashscreens becomes the
> default.

Hi Lubos,
I would eventually like it - if I can make it work, see me little project "KDE
in a DVB settop box" named zapdvb. Using KDE in a settop box is not as brain
damaged as it sounds. Todays LCD TV sets have 1024x768 pxl or event better
and CPU power is not a problem! There are two important points:

(1) startup speed
(2) simplicity (I do not want launch a full KDE session)

Yours Jürgen