icefox tests issues

Raul Fernandes rgfernandes at correioweb.com.br
Thu Oct 21 12:45:40 CEST 2004

Forgive me about the speedup by factor 5 in konqueror. In a second look, it
seems result from the cache.
But the overall system improvements is real, not so impressive, but visible.
I have removed all it++ occurrencies from kdelibs and kdebase, following what
Aaron Seigo write in his blog: "improve whatever you can, even if it seems
trivial right now." (http://www.planetkde.org/)
Again, forgive about the wrong notice. Newbie mistake.
I made a test here.

  QTime *time = new QTime();
  time->start();
  for( int i = 0; i< 1000; i++ )
  for( QValueListIterator<QCString> it = dic.begin(); it != dic.end(); it++ );
  int a = time->elapsed();
  time->start();
  for( int i = 0; i< 1000; i++ )
  for( QValueListIterator<QCString> it = dic.begin(); it != dic.end(); ++it );
  int b = time->elapsed();

The QValueList has 12000 entries.
The result was a = 2098 and b = 1928
and, with caching the result (QValueListIterator<QCString> end = dic.end();),
a =1741 and b = 1602. So, the conclusion is ++it and caching the end() are
faster, IMO.

Raul Fernandes
rgfernandes at correioweb.com.br