Proposal KLatin1String

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Sun Mar 28 20:52:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:

> I once started another little thread "String Cache" where some people said
> that would look like StaticString or whatever. I have already written some

Remember that one.

> code and I have been benchmarking things. My new class would be called
>
> KStringBuilder
>
> and yes, it partially follows the "StringBuilder" pattern from Java/.NET. This
> could nicely be married with a "KLatin1String" class, but compared to

I think everyone here would be curious to see the implementation of this
class. Do you have some code to share already?

I'm a strong believer of the idea that special purposes require special
classes/functions. So your class might be useful. I see it as an
independant goal compared to the class proposed in this thread though
(which I believe might better be called KLatin1Literal).

Harri.