One small hint for compilation time

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at virgilio.it
Mon Mar 22 12:13:30 CET 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 11:57, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Monday 22 March 2004 10:41, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
>
> > You may want to disable (or lower to just -O1) optimizations, however.
>
> So that it runs even slower on a slow machine? Great optimisation!
>
> --disable-warnings should do what he wants.

Well, Jaime said he wanted to speed up compilation by 1/3.

Do you think disabling warnings would do that? I seriously doubt it.

The warning are for the most part a side-effect of the optimization analysis.

If compilation speed is the important factor, then reducing the optimizations
can really help.

Luciano