Yet more "preloading"

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Mar 19 23:28:48 CET 2004

Dne pá 19. března 2004 16:12 Michael Matz napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > I'll give the fdboot sources a try (I need kernel recompile :-/). Could
> > you please explain in short what it does (or, to be more precise, how we
> > could/should use it)?
>
> Andrew had explained it in the message.

 Oh well, I'm quite clueless when it gets to things like this, maybe I need to
be told such things twice and slowly :).

> A kernel module will dump information about which blocks of which files are
> currently loaded in the page cache.

 Does it do also the same (well, similar and better) thing like the scan hack
in the first message of this thread? I.e. inodes or whatever it is the
filesystem scanning caches? I see something in the source and in the
fboot-prep output that could be it, so I'd say yes, but most of the source
doesn't make much sense to me, so I'd prefer to know for sure. I'd be happy
to declare this scan hack obsolete as well.

 BTW, fboot-prep can't handle files with spaces in names, it needs something
like the attached patch.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 KDE Developer