Using madvise for ld.so

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Mar 16 14:25:17 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:20:23PM +0200, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Well, with your glibc I get the same startup time as with SuSE's
> original glibc.

only three possible explainations come to my mind:
- you are not using linux 2.6 (right, huh?)
- your disk is _utterly_ fragmented. i don't think it is possible to
  reach such degree of fragmentation, actually ...
- your disk is _utterly_ slow at linear transfers. could happen if DMA
  is disabled, but i don't think you would be able to reach 24 secs
  then.

greetings