Widget flicker...

Miguel Tadeu m_tadeu at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 04:40:35 CET 2004

I noticed this when I was resizing kopete. The tree view flickers like hell. I
guess this is not a kopete problem, but a widget redraw problem.
My best guess is that the tree view is erasing the background and then
repainting the widget when there is no need for that, because the content
does not change. It should only paint an internal bitmap and alter the bitmap
when the contents change.

I noticed the same behavior in list views, so i guess most widgets have the
same problem.