kde, xfree & RAM

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Fri Jun 11 18:20:08 CEST 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 15:40, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  BTW, if you look at the tree (left number size allocated, right number
> number of allocations), pay special attention to Xft+fontconfig+freetype
> allocating more than 0.6 MiB and XIM about 0.35 MiB for something that's
> most probably the same data all the time. Do the maths yourself.

Oh yeah, the information in this tree is exactly what treemap visualization is
good for. Somebody wanting to provide some small PERL conversion script for
KCachegrind? Perhaps I have time myself.

BTW, I did a conversion script for this kind of information saved by memprof.
It's in CVS, kdesdk/kcachegrind/converters.

Josef