More symbol export stuff -- GCC Visibility patch

Karl Vogel karl.vogel at seagha.com
Mon Jul 19 01:12:17 CEST 2004

David Faure wrote:

> On Sunday 18 July 2004 22:59, Karl Vogel wrote:
>> #define HIDE  __attribute__((visibility ("hidden"))
>>
>> and then..
>>
>>   private:
>> void methodX() HIDE;
>
> It's already available in KDE, called KDE_NO_EXPORT, see
> kdelibs/kdecore/kdemacros.h
>
> But I guess it's far from used enough at the moment.

Right! Anyway learned quite a few interesting things this weekend.. and the
funny thing is.. at the end of the weekend I found a document describing it
all nicely in a PDF written by Ulrich Drepper:
 http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

(esp 2.2.3. Define Visibility for C++ Class Members -- and further)