Installing TrueTypeFonts / other Softwaren

Stefan Siebert pinguin at go4more.de
Tue Oct 28 20:15:15 CET 2003

Dear Sirs,

SuSE/KDE getting better and better :-))

But how to install (with KDE ControlCenters FontInstaller) TrueTypeFonts from
/home/KDEFonts (with all Fonts I like) to which directory to make them run
with OpenOffice1.0.2 (1.1 was not upgradeable :-(( ).
Note: I´m only a user with no idea of scripting and programming.

I like SuSe and KDE - but what is really bad for users is: Installing
downloaded apps. For example: OpenOffice1.1. Did it with Yast - works pretty
good - but suddenly "java runtime environment or so?????" for fully
productivity is needed. Where can I find it??? And what´s to do with it - if
I find it?
Is it not possible for upgrading to create a simple popup? -  "install grade
up" "was succesfull" and it´s done (with all tools are needed)?

Another example: Installing Efax or SuseFax for AVM-IsdnCard?
Very hard. Don´t works - untill now.

It would be great to can order an individual "PrivateSolutionComputer" with
only the apps are needed (preinstalled).
Gimp, Openoffice, Kmail, CD-Burner, CD-ROM, Zip, Floppy, etc. and nothing
more. No games, no developing tools and all that stuff, as a small, fast and
stable system.

Kind regards
Stefan Siebert