Comparing KHTML in Quanta and Konq

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Fri May 30 01:44:22 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 02:07:09PM +0200, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Saving several megabytes again and again surely affects performance, yes. We
> might delegate the saving to a kded module that only saves upon request and
> not everytime a page is visited.

sounds nicer to me...

> Currently, the saving of the history also invokes the saving of the bookmarks.
> I don't know how efficient that is.

pretty fast but i wouldn't swear to it. the method for
doing the bookmarks update is amazingly slow, so i'll
optimize in the coming weeks. anyways, this only applies
when you actually have the url as a bookmark anyway,
erm, i assume you are talking aobut my code here ;-)

cheers,
Alex