2.5.65-mm1 Adventures

Shridhar Daithankar<shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:27:20 +0530

On Wednesday 19 Mar 2003 1:07 pm, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 of March 2003 07:31, "Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > Mandrake9.1 and slackware 9 include this version of glibc but I don't see
> > any hoopla around glibc including obj pre-link that I would normally
> > expect.
>
>  You have to have also the prelink package and manually run the prelink
> command (which AFAIK isn't yet officially stable).

IIRC the fallback for glibc is to older method of relocating everything. I
need to search more on this but I am sure somebody must have run thr. that
and have had some improvements.

There are large number of first time users who turn away from KDE towards
GNOME or worse abandon linux altogether. Of course everybody know that. But
since I lend my CDs to lot of them and want them to experience KDE to it's
full potential. So really interested in getting this thing pre-packaged..

Shridhar