2.5.65-mm1 Adventures

Shridhar Daithankar<shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:01:03 +0530

On Wednesday 19 Mar 2003 10:51 am, ismail donmez wrote:
> --- Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> wrote:
> > The prefaulting code will only make a difference
> > when the application's text
> > is not in pagecache.  ie: on the first launch, or
> > when it has not been run
> > for a long time.
>
> Although kde apps doesnt show any fastness. System
> startup + kde startup reduced by 3 to 5 seconds and
> system startup involves starting Apache + Squid + Sshd
> + Fcrond etc .

I may be stupid here, but for regular users who use distro. packed stuff, does
upcoming glibc2.3, which includes obj pre-link make a difference?

Mandrake9.1 and slackware 9 include this version of glibc but I don't see any
hoopla around glibc including obj pre-link that I would normally expect.

 Shridhar