No subject

mymail999 at juno.com mymail999 at juno.com
Sat Jun 7 21:34:02 CEST 2003

Hi,
I'm writing about a thread I ran across at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-optimize&m=104786198017231&w=2
I'm using RH 9 and MDK 9.0 with their respective stock versions of KDE, on a 300 MHz AMD-K6II w/ 128 MB RAM.  Is the -mm kernel mentioned here just a patch, or a whole kernel?  How much effort would it take for a relative beginner to modify the kernel as mentioned to cut application load time in half?  Or is the modification not necessary if I use the correct patch?  I didn't really understand the message too well, but load times, especially for QT apps, could definitely improve a bit on my computer.  Cutting them in half would be perfect!
Thanks a lot!