Useful books

David Leimbach kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:31:33 -0600

> (Ok, so some of the Safari performance enhancements were very basic
> pass by const reference changes, but I'm pretty sure the khtml
> developers
> overlooked those through lack of time, not ignorance.)

I don't remember having ever seen really hard deadlines for KDE.  I
think this is a good thing.  I mean 3.1 hasn't been released yet which
has allowed more time for improvements.  This is the way it should be.

Unnecessary copying is almost always bad...  Its why people need to
watch certain things like the use of postfix increment and decrement
operators for C++ classes as well as try to always pass by constant
reference unless you really need to make a copy [in which case you can
make one anyway within the function body if  you really need to right?
:)]

Anyway... these are good issues to bring to light and why this list
exists.