comments on KDE performance tips

Shridhar Daithankar kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:16:47 +0530

On 15 Jan 2003 at 11:30, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 07:36, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > Are there any tricks from freeBSD land need to be ported to linux? I can
> > not imagine a faster KDE than it is on freeBSD.
>
> I know freeBSD has some linker fixes (in effect equivalent to the objprlnk
> hack) I don't know if that can explain it because I don't know which
> linker/binutils Mandrake 9 uses.

binutils-2.12.90.0.15-1mdk and here is ld..

[shridhar@agra shridhar]$ ld --version
GNU ld version 2.12.90.0.15 20020717
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
[shridhar@agra shridhar]$

Sorry if this is a repost. My mail client crashd while it was trying to send
the mail.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted.		-- Yarnek of
Excalbia, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5