comments on KDE performance tips

Dirk Mueller kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:13:19 +0100

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Neil Stevens wrote:

> Any page on compilation should also mention objprelink.

Nope, it shouldn't. Its a bad hack, that makes the common case slower, and
cases unreproduceable crash reports. If we educate somebody, we should
educate them using the right approach, not bad hacks :)

> whole new toolchain just to have better startups.  It should mention
> fast-malloc and enable-final.

fast-malloc is default, and --enable-final shouldn't give you significant
speed advantage when actually running the build. --disable-debug does so,
though.

--
Dirk (received 437 mails today)