news

Benjamin Meyer kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:46:23 -0500

On Friday 10 January 2003 3:51 pm, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > What does everyone think of putting up a news article on dot.kde.org
> > about the two optimizing articles and this mailinglist?  See if we ca=
n't
> > get some good input.
>
> Such news stories are always better if you have some results to show. B=
> presenting statistics or concrete improvements one can back up an effor=
> more effectively than just writing a paper. This is especially true in =
the
> world of free software.

Well it isn't necesarily code speed statistics, but both of the articles=20
present ways to improve KDE.  I for one didn't know that having=20
/tmp/.ICE-unix could cause such a delay upon startup.  They show ways tha=
t=20
developers and users can improve speed.  I would call that results.  Also=
 it=20
is a good way to tell more people that this list exists.

-Benjamin Meyer