Drag and drop optimization

Waldo Bastian kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:42:08 +0100

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 14:19, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 of February 2003 14:08, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > >  See http://www.newplanetsoftware.com/xdnd/ , section 'Client
> > > messages', description of 'XdndStatus'. The 'sameanswer' area is a
> > > rectangle where it doesn't make sense to send additional move events,
> > > because ... well, the answer from that area will be always the same.
> > > Sounds simple, but getting it from Qt widgets may not be as easy.
> >
> > What I mean is that QDragMoveEvent specifically foresees in such
> > rectangle. I would assume that Qt uses that information for this Xdnd
> > 'sameanswer' area.
>
>  No, the accept and sameanswer areas are different. The sooner one is a
> place where the widget will accept the drop,

No, you can also specify a rectangle where the widget will always reject the
drop.

> while the latter is a place
> where the app will always have the same reaction to the drag, be it
> accepting, refusing, or whatever.

I don't see how these two things are different.

IMO it should be possible to replace this 5x5 area with the former.

Well, hm, maybe it would need to take into account the situation where a
widget is partly obscured by something else.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com