memory usage vs libvorbisenc

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Dec 27 11:59:40 CET 2003

On Saturday 27 December 2003 11:43, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> and I'd like to see some stats of Kopete, especially over time
> while it's running.

The initialized data segment sizes are fixed, and do not change over time.

> Also interesting would be to see what code allocates most and where and how
> fast and all those sorts of things, but that's even more complex to gather
> I'm afraid :(

I use a valgrind plugin for that. pretty decent, though boring, since it shows
that almost everything that matters is burned in Qt already (bidi, richtext,
fontmapping, fontloading, font metrics). There is really not much to win in
KDE itself.

Dirk