memory usage vs libvorbisenc

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Dec 27 11:55:19 CET 2003

On Saturday 27 December 2003 00:16, Maks Orlovich wrote:

> I can't see any actual use of the lib in aRts 1.1 at all, and looking
> through diff to aRts 1.2, the latter doesn't seem to either; but aome
> places may be implicitly assuming it is there since aRts used to link to it
> :-(

I've looked through all of KDE CVS sources, this doesn't seem to be the case.
of course, some weird 3rd party thing might assume it though. The question
is, can we break compatibility here. I think yes.

Below is the patch, works fine for me, reducing memory usage by ~ 2MB for me.

Review anyone?

Dirk