dcop auto-overuse

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 15:44:39 CET 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 13:14, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 of December 2003 12:03, David Faure wrote:

Actually, starting a small server like dcopserver can't be the actual problem.
Instead of a standalone "konsole", "dcopserver; konsole" gives a huge speedup.
A delayed startup as with
	(dcopserver; konsole) & (sleep 5; kdeinit)
gives you all the servers in the background.
Why can't this delaying be the default (used in a non-KDE szenario) ?

Josef