Hovering over link list in Konq eats 100% CPU

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Mon Aug 4 14:19:43 CEST 2003

Hi,

moving the mouse over the items I noted that my CPU usage jumped to 100%
(Try it yourself at http://lists.kde.org/?t=105480183300002&r=1&w=2 for
instance). This is weird because the only thing that happens when I move
the mouse is that the currently underlined line changes and the link
address in the statusbar changes, which should take no more than 1-2%
CPU on a 800 MHz machine.

It looked like another unnecessary repaint case, but it's not, because
scrolling the whole page up and down takes even less CPU than just moving
the mouse around.

I use KDE 3.1.1 with anti-aliased text on a 800 MHz Athlon, Geforce 256
GPU on closed source drivers.

- Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
- Can anyone check if this has been fixed in current CVS?
- If it has not been fixed: should I report it at bugs.kde.org?

Dik