[Kde-nonlinux] unable to install kde4 on mac os X

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at vcn.com
Sat Jul 21 18:40:41 CEST 2007

I am trying to install the kde4 binaries from here

http://ranger.users.finkproject.org/kde/index.php/Home

on Mac OS X (10.4.10).  The QT and kdesupport packages installed fine.
When I install kdelibs, the installer copies all the files but seems to
terminate when running post-installation scripts, returning a message
"there were problems installing" (not verbatim).  I tried also
installing from a root account, with the same result, and so it is no a
permission problem.  Am I missing a dependency or something?

Thanks,
Jonathan