[Kde-nonlinux] Native or not

Raphael Langerhorst raphael.langerhorst at kdemail.net
Sun Jan 15 08:52:39 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2006 22:42 schrieb Kris Franssens:
> Hi,
>
> On several newsgroups, forums and blogs I read things about a native KDE
> for Windows.
>
> At this moment I have a dual boot with Suse Linux and Windows XP. I like
> Kontact, Koffice and Kopete so much that I use KDE on Cygwin and off course
> on my Suse desktop. But I would like to use it native like a replacement of
> the Windows shell. Can anyone tell me whether this will be possible or not?
> The reason I'm still using windows is this: Autodesk Architectural Desktop,
> Revit, SCIA, xSteel. And the worst thing of all: It will not be changing in
> the near feature although we are looking around for usable alternatives.
>
> Regards
>
> Kris

Hi Kris,

at this moment KDE is only available through cygwin on Windows. KDE 4, which
will be available in late 2006, will run native on Windows. Then you don't
need cygwin anymore for running KDE. KOffice 2.0, which will be released
shortly after KDE 4 will also be available native on Windows.

Regards,
--
Raphael Langerhorst
http://raphael.g-system.at/blog/