[Kde-nonlinux] Problem after upgrading to kde 3.5.5

andrei.manescu at clicknet.ro andrei.manescu at clicknet.ro
Thu Dec 28 09:12:33 CET 2006

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to complain to, so I'm sorry
if I made a mistake.

My problem is on FreeBSD 6.2 prerelease after I portupgradeed kde from 3.5.3
(I think) to 3.5.5 kde won't start with the old xorg.conf (in
/etc/x11/xorg.conf).

If I delete the xorg.conf file kde starts up normally with a weird
resolution (1152*864 I think).

If I put back the xorg.conf file I get the same error:

old kdmrc is from kde >= 3.1 ( config version 2.3)
kdm[549]: X server for display: 0 terminated unexpectedly
IO Error in XOpenDisplay
kdm[549]: Unable to fire up local display: 0, disabling.

What could be wrong ??
Should I upgrade other ports beside kde ?? Did I not use the portupgrade
corectly ??
Should I remove xorg.conf from /etc/X11 for good and try to modify the
config file (Which I don't know it's location) that loads up that weird
resolution ??

Thank you in advance.

Andrei.