[Kde-nonlinux] Numerous KDE problems

Petr Janda petr at punchyouremployer.com
Wed Aug 30 08:33:31 CEST 2006

Hi,
Im running DragonFly  BSD and I installed KDE 3.5.4 and im encountering
numerous problems:

1) Control Center cannot be started from the Kmenu. Can be started from
command line
2) Menu editor cannot be started by right clicking on Kmenu, and
clicking "Menu Editor". It cant be started from the control panel
either. It can be started from the command line
3) If kmenuedit is ran from the command line it doesnt actually *work*.
The editor loads, but when i click save to save my custom changes, it
doesnt actually modify the menu. When I exit the menu editor and start
it again from command line alll the changes i made previously are gone
back to the global default. The menu editor seems to write to
~/.config/menus/ but Kmenu seems to ignore that file and loads the
system default stored in /usr/pkg/share/applications/

4) SSL/HTTPS in Konqueror seems to be broken. Trying to access HTTPS
sites gives me:

An error occurred while loading http://www.gmail.com/:
The process for the https://www.google.com protocol died unexpectedly.

5) Kopete (0.11.3) cant log me into MSN anymore

I hope at least some of these issues can be resolved, can anyone, user,
developer give me a clue about whats going on in particular about the
control center and the menueditor?

Cheers,
Petr