[Kde-nonlinux] Fresh Install... Desktop Environment?

Duane Wills duane.wills at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:54:40 CET 2005

I've installed FreeBSD 5.4 with the KDE, but all that happens on startup is
a login screen. I know enough from my use of Linux to login and manually
start X, but only TWM comes up. First, how can I manually run KDE? I'd
prefer to do my work in that environment than that god awful TWM or a
command prompt. I've got a modern PC. I'd rather not use an interface
designed for a computer with less memory than my cell phone. Second, how can
I configure it so that KDE automatically starts to give me a graphical login
and user interface?