[Kde-nonlinux] Poor Photo Printing from kword

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Sat Dec 31 12:41:07 CET 2005

I have KDE installed on a FreeBSD 5.4 machine. My printer is connected
to a WinXP machine via USB. The printer is a Canon S630.

I can print from within KDE fine with one exception. Pictures, when
inserted into kprint documents do not print correctly. In fact, they
barely print at all. Just a vary light hint of the actual picture is
printed. When printing from MS Office on the WinXP machine, the color
output is perfect.

I have Googled and found what is suppose to be the proper driver for
this printer. I used Apsfilter to set up the printcap file. I have tried
different resolutions, etc., but nothing has corrected this problem.
What else could I try to do to rectify this situation?

Ciao

--
Gerard E. Seibert
gerard-seibert at suscom.net

    .--.              HELLO FOLKS HAPPY NEW YEAR
`-'\|. .|      ||     MY NAME IS GARY RIDGEWAY BUT YOU MIGHT
   __\=/__    .-.     KNOW ME BEST AS SEATTLE'S GREEN RIVER
 .'  \:/  `. /\/|     KILLER, THE PROLIFIC SERIAL MURDERER OF
/ /(  :  )\ V /||     PROSTITUTES AND PEOPLE I THOUGHT WERE
\_\(  :  ) `-' ||     PROBABLY PROSTITUTES
   \  |  /  /      /  I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU'D LIKE YOUR
   |__|__| (      (   DRIVEWAY SHOVELED OR IF YOU NEEDED ANY
  (___V___) \______\  CURIOUS IRREGULAR-SHAPED OBJECTS DUMPED