[Kde-nonlinux] Multiply-defined Symbols Break Make of Kdelibs 3.3.0 on Openbsd 3.4

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 25 00:45:06 CEST 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 04:51 pm, Will Andrews wrote:
> I use FreeBSD but I can't help you because I don't see your
> problem and I don't have any OpenBSD boxes.  Similar logic is
> likely what other subscribers use.  No offense is intended.

None taken. So far none of the problems I have had have not been
Openbsd specific. Most of them have been cockpit errors steming
from too many Qt/KDE dials and switches in front of me :-).

I am sticking with Openbsd + Qt/kde because I had a LOT of security
problems with WinNT/2000/XP. After reading about shatter attacks
I just abandoned Windows and >> $2000 in windows software and
started running on Openbsd. I've been real happy with the result
(no more security problems as far as I can tell). I like Theo's approach
to security. I accept whatever software problems I run into as the
price I pay for using a niche OS and also as a challenge to solve.
I've been working as a low-level (close to the hardware) programmer
for a long time. I'll figure all this stuff out eventually.

I have been thinking a lot about establishing an Openbsd
End User Group here in Fort Wayne. I think that will eventually
happen too. I've the the whole family downstairs using Openbsd
(essentially KDE Konquerer browser) on their old, previously unusable
computer.

--

Dave Feustel 1-260-422-5330
http://www.mindspring.com/~dfeustel