[Kde-nonlinux] kdm errors (again)!

Max Russell max_russell2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 10:07:54 CEST 2004

Hi-

I got everything up and running fine, thanks to Andy's help. Nice KDE desktop, all my apps etc. etc. However, one small annoyance with the Thinnkpad is that if I choose the ShutDown option from Logout, it seems to shutdown the X-Server, but instead of completely shutting down the machine, gets to a kdm error message again? At this point it seems to be hung...

I've been working round this by choosing a restart, then powering off when the machine has stopped altogether.