[Kde-nonlinux] Re: kde runs extremely slowly

Moloney, Gerard Gerard.Moloney at gee.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 10:25:33 CET 2004

Hi;

I've just switched from Redhat to FreeBSD(4.9) and decided
to install KDE as opposed to Gnome which I'd previously used.

Unfortunately, I am finding my installation so slow as to be unusuable.

I've checked all I can think of and come to the conclusion, perhaps it's the
amount of memory I have, 32M. I'm running on a 5 year old Toshiba laptop.

Could there be any other reason, is there any solution such as compiling
specifically for my system, having a minimal installation that could rectify
matters.

Previously, I had Gnome apps and the Opera browser running on RedHat6 and
did not have this
type of problem. I had hoped to switch to KDE, can anyone advise me?

Thanks Ged Moloney.