[Kde-nonlinux] Help compiling 3.2 on Tru64 UNIX/IRIX

Harri Porten porten at kde.org
Sat Feb 28 09:23:38 CET 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Albert Chin wrote:

> cxx: Error: ../dcop/dcopref.h, line 57: no operator ">>" matches these
>           operands
>             operand types are: QDataStream >> const QStringList
>           detected during instantiation of
>                     "DCOPReply::operator T() [with T=const QStringList]" at
>                     line 2186 of "kactionclasses.cpp"
>             reply >> t;
> ------------------^

Ha! This is the same error that aCC gives. Seeing that two more compilers
don't like the code I start to believe that the code is wrong. Not the
compiler.

I did several changes to this file in order to let it compile. The one
that finally "solved" the problem was to comment the operator T()
function. I got through kdelibs with a manipulated dcopref.h but in
kdebase the problem struck again.

If you don't get any answer here you might want to post your question on
kde-core-devel. The moderator should let your post through if you are not
subscribed.

Harri.