[Kde-nonlinux] chownpty, kbuildsyscocoa

Dave Feustel dfeustel at verizon.net
Mon Dec 13 18:15:24 CET 2004

I am getting  the error messeges below when I run
startkde. There is no chownpty  in openbsd. How
do I correct this apparent security problem?

kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0
This means the communication can be eavesdropped.
kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp1::/dev/ttyp1
This means the communication can be eavesdropped.

Also, what is kbuildsyscocoa (as in "running kbuildsyscocoa...", which
also shows up in the log)?

Thanks