[Kde-nonlinux] konqueror can't find

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 19:19:33 CEST 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 05:20, Aaron Sloan wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> I am running the latest version of KDE on FreeBSD 4.8 stable,
> working. I received this URL to check out, but Konqueror claims it is
> not resolvable.  I have to admit I don't have a clue. I checked it on
> another OS and it comes up fine.  Kmail gives me the error, unkown
> host das_runt...
>
> http://das_runt.shackspace.com/techtv-blooper.wmv

[tap at vimes tap]$ host das_runt.shackspace.com
das_runt.shackspace.com A       216.254.0.48
 !!! das_runt.shackspace.com A record has illegal name

That's using FreeBSD 5.1R, outside of KDE.

[tap at gaspode tap]$ host das_runt.shackspace.com
das_runt.shackspace.com has address 216.254.0.48

That's from Linux.

So, it's either a really broken DNS entry (I can't remember the rules
for records) or FreeBSD's resolver is broken. Either way, it's not a
KDE problem.

A.

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org