[Kde-nonlinux] Re: KDE 3.1/FBSD 4.8 slow start

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Tue May 20 06:19:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

Some points to note here about KDE on FreeBSD 4.8:

1. Upgrade your packages, including Xft and fontconfig. These have had
improvements made since those distributed with 4.8. You may as well
know that the KDE-FreeBSD team (http://freebsd.kde.org) has just
released KDE 3.1.2 into the FreeBSD system too, so it might be worth
updating to that too (I recommend it!)

2. Run "fc-cache -f" as root, before you start KDE, after upgrading the
packages above.

This _should_ fix the problem for you.

Regards,

Andy