[Kde-nonlinux] Darwin sound

Chuck Robey kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:13:24 -0500 (EST)

I was experimenting with how to set the sound up for kde3.1 (installed via
fink).  In choosing, at first, the option to use the Apple sound, the
sound config locked up, and would no longer accept mouse input nor
keystrokes.  My startup sound, which used to work, now no longer works,
and if I restart kde and try to configure sound, the sound menu comes up
but is frozen.

I think I need to manually fix the administrative files for the sound
setup, but I don't know where they are.  My installation is not based on
/usr/local/ it's set for /sw/ (fink's default base) but I think it's
completely ordinary outside that.  Could I please get some advice on how
to clear this setup problem?

I think I could get a set of working files from another fink/kde3.1 user
if only I knew which files to get.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.