[Kde-nonlinux] HP-UX system

Marcus Camen kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:18:30 +0100

> I am having HP-UX 11i system running.
> I am presently using CDE provided as default with the OS.
> Can i have KDE on HP-UX 11i ......?

We are currently working on getting KDE 3.1.x running on HP-UX 11.00. So far
arts, kdelibs and kdebase are working. In the last weeks I committed quite a
few compile fixes to CVS HEAD and to KDE_3_1_BRANCH / ARTS_1_1_BRANCH. If you
want to try to compile KDE yourself I suggest to use the CVS code from these
stable branches.
I still have a few more (note yet polished) patches on my disk waiting to be
committed. If you like I can send them to you via private email.
BTW: You cannot use GCC as the GNU compiler has major problems with threading
on HP-UX. We use HPs aCC.

I am not aware of any binary packages. And no, I do not intend to provide
some.

--
Marcus