[Kde-nonlinux] kmail problem

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 7 18:00:53 CEST 2003

I just downloaded several megabytes of messages via kmail from
mindspring.com. The connection to mindspring was broken during the
transfer. Suddenly, in one particular folder into which the messages were
loaded, each email that I click on has the subject line replaced by "no subject",
the date replaced by 12/31/69, and the content deleted, although the message
size remains unchanged. This behavior persists through a ssystem shutdown
and reboot. If I attempt to delete the message, the alterations
happen to the message just above it in the message list.. I was able to finally
delete the last "no subject message by sorting the messages so that the
no subject messages were at the top of the list.

This behavior has shown up in no other folder.

Also, now when I try to download email, kmail seems to hang after
attempting to start downloading from mindspring.

This is pretty weird behavior from kmail. Could kmail have been hacked
during the download? (I'm running kmail 1.4.3 using kde 3.0.5a) running
on openbsd 3.2.

Thanks,
Dave Feustel